By Casey O'Connor
The Warwick Australia Day Cricket Carnival draw, which was scheduled for this evening at the Warwick Golf Club, has been postponed.
The organising committee will instead meet tonight to assess whether or not it is viable and safe to proceed with the Carnival.
If the decision is made to proceed the draw will take place on Sunday evening.
This will be done under strict Covid-19 guidelines and players and members of the public are encouraged NOT to consider attending.
Warwick Cricket Association President Andrew Bryson said today the organising committee is keen to make a decision one way or another as soon as possible to lessen the impact if it is deemed necessary to cancel the iconic Carnival.
Updates will follow when we have further information.