If you’ve ever wanted to experience what the Great Endeavour Rally is like, now’s your chance.
Endeavour Foundation, Warwick’s biggest employer of people with a disability, is bringing its flagship fundraising event, the Great Endeavour Rally, to town for a special one-day rally next Saturday 29 February.
• Founded in 1986, The Great Endeavour Rally has travelled more than 130,000km
• The 2019 rally raised $340,000 for Endeavour Foundation to support people with a disability
• The 2020 rally dubbed ‘the Simpson Desert Adventure’ will travel from St George to Cameron’s Corner, Innamincka and Birdsville before finishing in Charleville from 23 July to August 1.
Local businessman Geoff Lang from Transport Field Service – Warwick will be back for his 5th year supporting the rally with his faithful truck dubbed ‘Towsta’, offering assistance to anyone who needs it.
“It’s my way of giving back to what I think is a brilliant charity and also from a Warwick perspective Endeavour Foundation has a big presence here so it keeps it local,” Mr Lang said.
“It’s also a great way to see parts of Australia that you’ll never see driving on the normal bitumen roads.
“Every night’s stop we’re supporting local schools or a Rotary Club or another charity so it’s injecting money into small regional towns and local communities.”
Mr Lang said people from around the region should give the one-day rally a go.
“It’s only an 80km drive from Toowoomba,” he said, “So there’s no excuse for anyone to miss out.”
Rally coordinator Nathan Woolhouse said there was still time to register for the Warwick one-day rally and if you like it, sign on for the main event.
“It’s the perfect opportunity for newcomers to try, or for experienced entrants to hone their skills ahead of the main event later in the year,” Mr Woolhouse said.
“For many people, entering the Great Endeavour Rally is a real bucket-list item.
“We’re bringing the rally to Warwick for the day so locals can try before they buy.
“If you know someone who has always talked about wanting to do the Great Endeavour Rally then tap them on the shoulder and say, ‘This is the day!’”
• The Warwick one-day rally will take place on Saturday 29 February and costs just $50 per person with camping available on Friday and Saturday nights for $25 per night.
• Go to great.endeavour.com.au to register your or contact Nathan Woolhouse on 0407 812 125 for more information.