The following is from an archive from the Stanthorpe Border Post:
• In Stanthorpe in 1906, New Wylies Creek Dredging Co reported that dredge is working a face 500 feet and advancing at a rate of 12 years a week.
Directors declared a dividend of 3d per share.
• An Act of Parliament protects native possums and bears – penalty for killing, capturing or injuring them: five pounds.
• Deputation of fruit and vegetable growers waiting on Mr Denham to ask for a reduction in freight on fruit and vegetables and ventilated trucks, empties to be returned free.
• Meeting to form The Pioneer Cricket Club – first match played against the Stanthorpe Town Club on 20 October.
Other cricket clubs in existence include South Stanthorpe and Paddock Swamp.
• Approval for connection of telephone between Stanthorpe and Ballandean.
• Meat prices rise: fillet steak, 5 and a half pound rump, 5