Passmore family, Stanthorpe, ca. 1900 (Contributed by: QldPics)
Back row from left : Horah Passmore, Geoffrey Passmore, 'Boy' Passmore. Front row from left: Sue Passmore, John Passmore, Mrs W. H. Passmore (Mary Ann), Mr W. H. Passmore (William Henry), Mary 'Doll' Passmore. William Passmore was the station master at Stanthorpe for many years. The Passmore Siding and district was named in his honour. He was also president of the hospital board at the time the foundation stone was laid and the new hospital opened in 1913.
The following is an excerpt from ‘They Came to the Plateau’ by Jean Harslett and Meryn Royle. Stanthorpe in 1900: […]